If you want to buy wine from us using our web site you can only do so on these terms and conditions, and by registering on the web site you are agreeing to be bound by them. We may change these from time to time by updating this posting.
Customer Satisfaction Promise
We normally deliver Monday to Friday, 8.00am to 5.00pm. If you are not in at the time of delivery our delivery agents will leave the wine in a safe place provided you have instructed us to do this at the time of order. Otherwise the driver will leave a card for you to arrange a more convenient delivery time.
- Breakages - In the event that any of the bottles in your case are damaged, please let us know within 48 hours and we will issue you a full refund for those bottles.
If you have any queries regarding delivery please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Avilability - Wine is an agricultural product and runs out from time to time. We will endeavour to keep the website as up to date as possible as to the levels of our stocks, however, If you order our wines and they are unavailable we will email you with suggested alternatives. We will not despatch or take any payment until you have confirmed your acceptance of our suggested alternatives via email.
- If you are dissatisfied with our performance in any way, please contact our customer services department immediately on 0845 345 7292. RidgeView aims to deal with all enquiries fairly, confidentially and quickly. We will acknowledge your contact within 24 hours. We try to resolve most issues immediately, but where this is not possible, we will keep you informed about progress until a satisfactory resolution has been achieved.
Prices and payment
- All prices are quoted in pounds sterling, and may be per bottle or per case, as marked. The prices include Value Added Tax, unless otherwise specified. Any delivery charges are additional
- We accept payment by Switch, Visa, MasterCard, Electron, Solo, Maestro and Amex.
- Payment can only be made by cheque when using our mail order system. Please e-mail email@example.com to request a mail order form.
- It is illegal to sell wine to anyone who is under 18 years old. By placing an order you confirm that you are at least 18 years old.
- If you are buying a case of wine as a gift - the recipient must also be over 18 years old.
- If our couriers are in any doubt about the age of the recipient on delivery, they will request some form of ID. If the person receiving the wine is unable to produce appropriate ID, unfortunately our couriers will be unable to leave the wine.
- Once the wine has been delivered, according to your original delivery instructions, it becomes the recipient's responsibility.
- Our website payment facility uses secure servers with state-of-the-art encryption and secure sockets layer (SSL) technology for the transfer of credit card information.
- You may cancel your order for any reason whatsoever at any time up to 24 hours from the time of order.
- In order to cancel your order you must call us on 0845 345 7292 or notify us by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We shall reimburse the price of the wine within 48 hours of the time you notify us of the cancellation.
- If some or all of the bottles of wine in a case are broken or spoiled when they are delivered you should notify us within 3 working days of the delivery date. You can call us on 0845 345 7292 or e-mail us on email@example.com. You may choose either to return the whole case or just the affected bottles for a refund.
- Any wines collected by our carrier must be in their original box to avoid further breakages, where possible.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions will reduce your statutory rights relating to faulty or misdescribed goods. Further information about your rights is available from your Local Authority Trading Standards Department or Citizen's Advice Bureau.
Intellectual Property Rights
- You agree and acknowledge that we own or are licensed to use all copyright, database rights, trade marks and other intellectual property rights in and to all parts of this web site.
- You are entitled to use our web site in accordance with these Terms and Conditions only. You must obtain our prior written consent before you use our web site or any part of it in any other manner.
- All persons, individual and corporate, are prohibited from providing hypertext or other links to the RidgeView web site, other than to our home page, from their own web site or from a third party's web site, without our prior written consent.
- We warrant that the wines will be of satisfactory quality and fit for their general purpose.
Limitation of liability
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude Ridgeview’s liability for personal injury or death caused by its negligence.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by us or our employees or agents in circumstances where:
- loss or damage was not foreseeable to both parties when the contract was formed;
- loss or damage was not caused by any breach on the part of the supplier;
- Subject to Clause 9a we will not be liable for loss or damage caused by the customer handling the wine. In particular we will not be liable for spillages or breakages.
- Customers should also be aware of the following inherent risks and warnings:
- Alcohol should be consumed in moderation.
- A case of wine is heavy so extra care should be taken when lifting it. If you are concerned about the weight we advise that you transfer the bottles 1 or 2 at a time.
- Sparkling wines can be volatile due to the build up of gasses extra care should be taken when opening these.
- By providing your details to RidgeView on our web site, you consent to RidgeView maintaining, recording, holding and using the information you give RidgeView at the time of ordering to process your orders, to improve our service to you and inform you of promotions.
- We will not pass your details to any third party, other than where we have to do so to get your wine to you, (our delivery company). From time to time, Ridgeview may send you information regarding their wines and other information about RidgeView, unless you have told us not to do so by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you opt-out from hearing from RidgeView, you will only be contacted by us if our terms and conditions change.
We shall not be liable for any delay in delivering your wine if that delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond our control such as, war, riot, civil commotion, malicious damage, compliance with any law or governmental order, rule, regulation or direction, fire, flood, storm or Act of God, failure of ISP or telecommunications provider in connection with the performance of this Agreement.
The sale of the goods takes place only when the wine is despatched from our warehouse. Until that time, no charge will be made to your credit card and RidgeView will not be bound to supply the goods at the price.
Relevant United Kingdom law will apply to these terms and conditions and the relevant courts of the United Kingdom will have exclusive jurisdiction. Here are our details should you want to contact us:
RidgeView Wine Estate,
Telephone 0845 345 7292.
Fax 01444 230757.