For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation, and any other applicable legislations, the data controller is Ridgeview Estate Winery Limited, Fragbarrow Lane, Upper Furzefield, Ditchling Common, East Sussex, BN6 8TP.
1. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.ridgeview.co.uk (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, ordering our products, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information if you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by Ridgeview Estate Winery Limited or report a problem with our site;
• When you engage with us on social media we collect your social media username to help respond to your comments or questions
• When you purchase a product or service at cellar door or over the phone
• When you book to attend an event
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
• We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
• Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your enquiries
• If you have a web account we collect: your name, address, telephone number, email address and order history. For your security we will also keep an encrypted record of your log in password
• Details of your interactions with us whether by telephone, in store or online:
For example, we collect notes from our conversations with you, details of any complaints or comments you make, details of purchases, items added to your basket, voucher redemptions and how and when you contact us.
• Your image may be recorded on CCTV when you visit our cellar door
WHY DO WE COLLECT SPECIFIC DATA?
• To process any orders made on our website or at cellar door.
• Your details may be passed on to a third party as a part of a partnership/offer but you will be made aware of this at point of booking. This will only be if part of a joint promotion.
• To respond to your queries, refund requests and complaints.
• To protect our customers, premises, assets from crime, we operate CCTV systems on site which record images for security.
• To administer any of our prize draws or competitions which you enter, based on your consent given at the time of entering
2. IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to monitor website performance. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual. For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
• To estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
• To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests;
• To speed up your searches; and
3. WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. If you believe, or reasonably suspect, that your password is known to someone else, you should immediately inform us so that we can take the appropriate action.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use our best endeavours and strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
4. USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to enable us to provide you with the best service possible;
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
• To provide access to privileged and/or restricted areas of our site and to provide you with additional information relevant to you; and
• To notify you about changes to our service, and to monitor and improve our site. We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by email, post or telephone. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale made to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we, or they, will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
5. THIRD PARTY ADVERTISINGS
6. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to third parties on the following basis: If it is necessary to do so in order to adequately provide the services to you;
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If Ridgeview Estate Winery Limited is, or substantially all of its assets are, acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers may be one of the transferred assets.
7. YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will always inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at:
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
8. ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The regulation gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation.
10. DATA PROTECTION REGISTRATION
In the UK, we operate, and are registered, in accordance with the applicable data protection legislation.
11. OPT OUT
You always have the right to opt-out of subscribing to our emails and communications from us. If you wish to opt-out, please send an email requesting to unsubscribe to email@example.com