We are delighted to announce that, in-line with current government guidelines:
The Ridgeview Shop & Wine Garden is open 7 days a week for drop-in sales and pre-booked Tastings, Picnic Hampers & Platters of local produce.
Our Classic Tour & Tastings have resumed on fair weather days.
to book please see the calendar www.ridgeview.co.uk/tours
To adhere to social distancing guidelines, we will be closely managing capacity, so bookings and pre-orders are essential. Details of our opening times and menus can be found below (Please advise us of any food allergies or intolerances at the time of booking).
The safety of our customers and staff is of primary importance to us and our aim is to create an environment in which everyone feels as comfortable as possible.
We have therefore introduced a number of measures and would ask you to be mindful of these when visiting the estate.
These can be found at the bottom of the page.
*Please Note* The current temporary VAT rate reduction takes effect from 15th July 2020 and will stay in place until 12th January 2021.
This reduction is to the VAT paid on food and soft drinks only. The last few months have been tricky for us all, therefore we have chosen to share this saving equally between the business and our valued customers. Prices below show the updated pricing as of 15th July 2020.
WINE TASTING FLIGHTS
Each tasting flight contains 3 x 50ml tasting samples of wine along with tasting notes and information about the production methods for you to enjoy your own self-guided tasting.
Signature Tasting – £9 – A flight of our signature non-vintage fizz; Bloomsbury, Cavendish & Fitzrovia
Limited Release Tasting – £15 – Indulge in a tasting of our Limited Release Vintage sparkling wine; Blanc de Blancs 2015, Blanc de Noirs 2014 & Rosé de Noirs 2014
Chardonnay Tasting – £12 – Enjoy a flight of our Chardonnay dominant blends; Bloomsbury NV, Fitzrovia NV & Blanc de Blancs 2015
Pinot Noir Tasting – £12 – A flight of wines predominantly from Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier; Cavendish NV, Blanc de Noirs 2014 and Rosé de Noirs 2014
HAMPER FOR TWO – £37.50
Sparkling Brunch Hamper (available Sun & Sat from 10.30 – 12.30 only)
2 x Glasses of Ridgeview Bloomsbury NV, Folkingtons Apple and Orange Juice, Cafetière of Back Yard Coffee, Sussex Best Sourdough, Springs Smoked Salmon, Avocado, Fruit Danish, All-butter Croissant, Deerview Summer Preserve.
Sussex Picnic Hamper
2 x Glasses of Ridgeview Cavendish NV, Springs Smoked Salmon, Rebel Brighton Charcuterie, Seven Sisters Cheese, Sussex Best Sourdough, Deerview Farmhouse Chutney, Southdown Butter.
SUSSEX SHARING PLATTERS – £11.25
Rebel Charcuterie – Brighton Salami, Coppa Collar & Wild Garlic Lonza with olives, cornichons and breadsticks
Pork & Game Pie – A slice each of Pork and Game Pies, with chutney, cornichons, sun-blushed tomatoes and olives
Springs Smokery – Smoked Salmon, Smoked Mackerel Pâté and Mackerel Fillets with oatcakes and caperberries
Sussex Cheese (V) – Molecomb Blue, Seven Sisters & Lord of the Hundreds served with crackers and chutneys
Vegetarian Mezze (V) – Hummus, Grilled Artichoke, olives, sun blushed tomatoes and breadsticks
*Please Note: As our selection is local and artisan, a suitable replacement will be offered when availability is limited.
In the case of adverse weather conditions, the Wine Garden may be closed. Should this be the case, our team will contact you 24 hours prior to your booking to rearrange by either offering collection of your picnic for you to enjoy at home, postponing your booking to a different date (subject to availability), cancelling and refunding your booking, cancellations made less than 24-hours ahead, will not be eligible for refunds.
If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, do not visit us until it is safe for you and your guests to do so.
|Wine Garden Opening Times|
|Monday||11am – 4pm|
|Tuesday||11am – 4pm|
|Wednesday||11am – 4pm|
|Thursday||11am – 4pm|
|Friday||11am – 8pm|
|Saturday||11am – 8pm|
|Sunday||11am – 6pm|
All Tours have been postponed until further notice, although we are hopeful to recommence them in the coming weeks. If you have a gift voucher that is nearing expiry, please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) so that we can ensure you are able to visit when tours start again.
Our shop will be open for drop-in sales and our full range of wines is also available to order online with Complimentary Next-Day delivery for all orders no matter how big or small!
Before you visit:
- All guests must pre-book (even if only coming for a tasting or a drink) and, when asked, provide details so that they can be contacted as needed by the NHS Test and Trace programme.
- Details required are your name and a phone number or email address only.
- These details will be held securely electronically for no longer than 21 days.
- Following 21 days, contact information will be deleted.
- In line with guidance, we will be taking bookings of up to two households per table, at this present time we are unable to take large bookings.
- Please do not visit the estate if you or anyone in your household has symptoms of COVID-19 (cough, and/or high temperature, and/or loss of, or change in, your normal sense of smell or taste – anosmia) or have been contacted by the NHS Test & Trace system. Call 01444 242 040 or email email@example.com to cancel your booking.
During Your Visit
- A member of the team will check in all guests, confirming contact details and offering additional information about onsite safety.
- This team member will not be wearing a mask, but will be adhering to 2m social distancing. Markings will be in place.
- Hand sanitiser stations are available on arrival and throughout the site.
- Our service team will be provided with reusable face coverings and disposable gloves to be used for the preparation and service of food, and the service of drinks.
- We will ensure 2m spacing between tables, however we rely on your vigilance in adhering to the government guidance when eating or drinking outdoors with people you do not live with. It is the responsibility of guests to comply with the below;
- You can meet in groups of up to two households
- Individuals from different households may meet in groups of up to six.
- Do not interact socially with anyone outside the group you are with, even if you see other people you know.
- Socially distance by keeping two metres away from those not in your household or one metre when you can mitigate the risk by taking other precautions including; avoiding being face-to-face and using a face covering (this includes those on your table that are from another household).
- Children are welcome but must be seated.
- Dogs are not permitted in the vineyard.
- Thorough cleaning of touchpoints and equipment will be undertaken regularly.
- All tables will be fully sanitised between each booking.
- All cutlery, crockery and glassware will be thoroughly washed at temperatures greater than 60 degrees to sanitise.
- All surfaces and touchpoints will be cleaned and sanitised regularly.
- Our toilets are open and will be sanitised frequently. Sanitiser spray and disposable paper towel will also be available should you wish to sanitise any touchpoints in toilets ahead of use.
- Menus are available by QR code on every table on the BUTLR App or as disposable menus on request. Please advise us of any food allergies or intolerances at the time of booking.
- All staff have been trained to adhere to rigorous hygiene standards and safe social distancing measures of 2m. Table service controls are in place, where less than 2m.
- We are not accepting cash payments at present, payment must be made via card or the BUTLR App. Please download the BUTLR App ahead of your visit.
We hope that the above offers you peace of mind during your visit, but if you do have any concerns or suggestions, please feel free to share them with us at any time before, during or after your visit.
We look forward to welcoming you to the estate soon!